Wednesday, March 9, 2011

He asked this only to test him

When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, "Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?" He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do. - John 6:5-6

He already knows the plans He has created, put in motion, solely the overseer of His children, asking them to obey Him and then waiting for the correct response. How often as children do we defiantly disobey what our parents say? I know me quite well, someone tells me something and I tend to immediately desire to do just the opposite. Why is that? And why in world would I think to do that with the one true God who has the power to kill off an entire generation, make people hard hearted and has suffered enough that to disobey God brings Him more hurt. There is no one like our God, the King of these people, Lord of this nation, light in the darkness, hope to the hopeless, peace to the restless, there is no one like our God. Light in the darkness, hope to the hopeless, peace to the restless.

I must surrender. Right now I must surrender, in five minutes I must surrender all over again, and again and again. Each moment because with one head turn I all of the sudden feel the weight on my shoulders, however when released know that He carries those burdens and I can then walk in the spirit of which He gives when we surrender.

Father I surrender, I give you my life, my thoughts, my attitude, and my actions. Help me to see Your plan and stay focused, doing exactly what You have called me to do with the attitude that You have called me to do it with. I work for You. With each task You give me, I pray I do it to solely to bring glory to You. May I not get distracted by the emotion and stress that comes with each difficult situation. Focus my heart on You.

I pray these things in Your precious name,
Amen


But he said to them, "It is I; don't be afraid." -John 6:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...