Monday, February 25, 2013

God's tv show: my kids say...

the darndest things!

Have you ever watched the show hosted by Bill Cosby? I did as a kid and since I decided to blog about it, I went to youtube and watched an episode.

Bill: I have a cut, see it. What do you do for that?
child: put some Neosporin on it and wrap a bandaid over it and then it will go away.
Bill: and then where does it go?
child: into your blood. 
Bill: and then where does it go?
child: it goes to another country.
Bill: what country?
child: China.

I was talking with one of my best friends about life, about plans, about Kenya and how I want my future to plan out which of course led to the point that God has it all under control and why do I even try. And then I thought, God must just laugh at us all the time.

What kind of conversations have you had with God lately?

We call him Father, and we are children of His. Fathers on earth have children who do some pretty funny things. I know my dad could probably go on for quite awhile about all the random things I did and said when I was young (and he may even try to share stories about recently but I refuse to let those out of our house!). Recently, facebook has been filled with parents telling stories about their kids. Kids do and say funny things and parents laugh (or at least they should!). I think God laughs with us. I admit, I say and do some pretty funny stuff and I'm so glad my Father laughs with me.

my dad and I
Here's another transcript from an episode of Kids say the darndest things with Bill Cosby. (and it totally goes with my Father theme! Love when that happens!)

Bill: so what are you studying in school now?
child: I'm studying early mammals.
Bill: how early are they?
child: about when my dad was born.
Bill: and what year woud that be?
child: probably about 1,000 B.C.... no offense, no offense (looking at dad in the audience)

Ok fine... one more!

Bill: Jake, how old are ya?
child: four and a half.
Bill: how long have you been 4 1/2?
child: uhh 65 days. and I have a baby brother, he's one year old. I love him a lot.
Bill: you do?
child: uh huh. 
Bill: and what do you to him?
child: I hug him and kiss him.
Bill: did they tell you not to play with him too rough?
child: no, they only let me play with him, not too rough. a little bit rough. 
Bill: now what is a little bit rough?
child: its when you don't play too hard, you know like throw him on the ground hard so that he doesn't cry. And when he cries that's a really bad thing. cause if somebody hurt him I will be really upset. 

I'm addicted! This is one by the previous host, Art Linkletter. And I promise, last one!

Art: by the way, who's the boss in your house, your mom or your dad?
child: both of them. 
Art: heyy... your a diplomate are ya?
child: no, I'm a catholic baptist.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...