Tuesday, April 5, 2016

I’m getting on a plane!

How do I feel? Denial.

This is real. And I can’t explain it but at this moment I really can’t believe it is finally happening!


This last weekend my home church prayed for me in all of their services. It was neat to look out into the audience and make eye contact with so many familiar faces that are behind me in this. But as I stood there listening to the Pastor explain the ministry and how they can be praying, my mind was thinking, “huh, that seems like a God orchestrated ministry, but who would choose to go there?” It wasn’t until I realized everyone was clapping that the description was about me. Not kidding, it was like I wasn’t even there!

My bags are packed, weighed and locked. Four action packer bins and two suitcases. I total of 320lbs of weight. My life in six containers. Kinda crazy.

I can’t wait to step foot in Kenya again. To smell the smell of Nairobi, to embrace the crazy driving, to hear Swahili being spoken all around me, to take in so much history. But that is only the beginning. The next step, orientation, final shopping trips, packing preparation and reconnecting with old friends leads up to two flights that will allow me to settle in my new home.

But knowing in this moment, that I am right where God has me, makes me so excited for the plans He has in the coming weeks and months and years. It is a joy to walk this path with so many alongside me. The stories I have heard of people praying for me having heard my name in a church service or on a plane and having no idea what God was actually doing is just amazing to me! I look forward to sharing those in the coming days. But for now I gotta rest. Just a few hours and I’ll be on a plane!

Jesus,

I am in awe of You! When I gave my life to You 10 years ago I had no idea what that really meant. But You have shown Yourself faithful in so many ways that as I take this step, no matter how difficult the days are to come, that You are right there with me, and still as faithful as You always have been. Remind me often of Your presence and may Your light shine bright wherever You send me! May I continue to be obedient in everything You ask me to do and say. And at the end of each day may You always receive all the glory that is due You!

I love You and grateful to be called Your child.
It is in Your name I pray,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...