Friday, September 28, 2012

heart reflection

Missions update:
* I am a couple weeks into an online class that is helping prepare me to successfully fund my ministry opportunity in Kenya.
* My first newsletter went out officially this morning. Click HERE to sign up to receive it.
* I'm almost halfway through the undergraduate seminary course SMCC's mission's dpt recommended called Biblical Hermeneutics. So far, 100%... mid-term is Monday @ 4pm.
*In 5 weeks, I will be getting on a plane to head to NC for a two week training. Countdown has begun!

Reflection
As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man. -Proverbs 27:19

I definitely feel my heart slowing moving towards leaving. I desire to spend more of my time lately preparing to go by studying, researching about Kenya, and praying over little details. My goal date to leave is just over 10 months away, that's 300 days!! As much as I love my family and friends and ministry opportunities here, I am soooooo excited for what God has for me in Kenya. I really don't think words can describe (and I am the worst at facial excitement) just how joyful I feel inside anytime I get to talk about going to Kenya.

However, I am surprised at how emotional I have been lately knowing that precious time with family and friends won't exist for a year. I have left many hang-outs recently in tears in the car knowing that moments like that won't be going with me. My heart is wanting more time with the people I love and less time doing other things and I had no idea that would hit so early on in the process.

My heart is preparing the best it can. There's so much that has to be done in the next 300 days! There has definitely been moments of feeling very overwhelmed but within a couple hours, God's peace surrounds me and I remember this is nothing He hasn't done before. I'm doing my best to rest in His love during these busy days and keep my heart in check with what needs to be accomplished now. The to-do list seems long, but He has it all under control. I love to think about the perspective God has; He is with me right now as I'm writing this, He can see me one day in the future in Kenya teaching, and at the same time can see my life in its entirety. He holds my heart in His hand as well as my life.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...