Thursday, June 13, 2013

busy busy busy


This last Tuesday I got the chance to invite anyone who would like to come hear more about my move to Kenya coming up in just a few short weeks! I was so happy with how it all turned out. All the media/tech stuff didn't fail me (remember SIMGo trial run??... bad memories!), people seemed to enjoy themselves, and I got to talk about what I love, all God is doing in and around me! I'm so thankful to get to do it and hope those that made it have a better idea of what I'm going to be doing. A five minute conversation is nothing compared to this presentation!

For those interested, I have a few kid books about Kenya, two specifically about the village life. If you are interested and want to borrow them, let me know.

Also, I have a few short weeks left but I have a few evenings open if you and your family want to hear my presentation. Feel free to invite friends and make a fun night out of it! Call or email me if you want to set something up!

And this week got even better! One of my best friends, Laura and I, were able to get away to spend a few days up in beautiful Temecula! Wednesday evening we left, got settled in our hotel room, and then I said I wanted ice cream! :)

About a decade ago for Christmas in my stocking my mom gave me these amazing dollar coupons for Dairy Queen... well they don't expire! Thanks Mom for ice cream! Love, Danielle & Laura!


Today, Thursday, we spent the day exploring Temecula... and one of our favorite spots was this "hidden treasure"... a beautiful place called Lake Meadows! They had this gorgeous lake (duh!) but it was surrounded by flowers and a waterfall!

Tomorrow we are looking forward to sleeping in, eating our free breakfast, walking Old Town Temecula and going in all the fun shops, driving more of Temecula, and then going to Carlsbad to walk through the outlets and enjoy some time by the beach! It has been so nice to get away from the busyness, spend time together, and spend time with Jesus(best part!). Thanks Laura for making it all happen, its been perfect!

Countdown update: 40 days today!

2 comments:

  1. Today is one year since I landed in Kenya and spent 3 months with SIM serving in Kibera. I am praying for your last weeks of preparation. For peace, hope, and an openness to be led, taught, and encouraged by/in the people and events that will enter into your life in the weeks to come. Kenya is still refining and shaping me even now--and I know that God will use this season in your life and many others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elise! I'm so very excited! Now that tickets have been booked, I can hardly stand it! Thank goodness work is keeping me so busy that I don't really have time to think about it. :) You're prayers are so wonderful, I know it is Him sustaining me through this time.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...