Sunday, July 7, 2013

Plane Tickets!!

I cannot believe it's time to start stuffing things into bags! While I was at camp the last week of June, I received the email I had been waiting for, my tickets have been booked! Tears flowed as soon as I saw the subject line. Pretty sure those who saw me at camp thought someone had died but I just couldn't hold back the emotion of extreme sadness and feeling overjoyed that I was really leaving! Since coming back, I have entered into a state of constant disbelief. I go through the day facing lots of excited people, I talk about going and what I'm going to be doing, but it just doesn't feel real. I can't believe I GET to go!

I've been so encouraged as I have been counting down the days using the Psalms, at David's heart. So much of how I have been feeling comes alive each morning as I sit down to read. And today, in the sermon by Pastor Jeremiah, I was reminded that during this time of goodbyes, His presence is with me all the time. He's not going to leave me or forsake me. And Isaiah reminds me to "trust in Him and not be afraid". I have trusted that He would provide the finances so that His plan for me to go would happen and He has shown up! I continue to daily put my trust in Him, His purposes and His plans!

The packing will soon begin and the goodbye party is on the calendar. Until then, I have one week left before our Summer Blast (vacation bible school @ Shadow) where I will be the missionary for the week. Whether you are participating or not, be in prayer for the many kids who come that their hearts will come to know Jesus and those who have made decisions would get a good idea of what ministry around the world looks like. It's time for kids to 'Get in the Game'!

Oh yes plane details!!


On Tuesday evening, July 23rd I will board a plane and head to Georgia where I will spend a few days with some amazing friends of mine! I'm so looking forward to seeing them and  getting to spend my last few days in America with them!

On Sunday afternoon, July 28th I will board a plane in Atlanta, GA, stop in New York & London, and land in Nairobi Monday night July 29th (Kenya time)... Monday morning San Diego time. 

The days are flying by! Thanks for praying for me during these last few months and days leading up to my departure date. May God's glory shine through us as a team!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...