Wednesday, July 24, 2013

and I'm off!!

And the journey continues... I have left San Diego and I'm sitting in the Charlotte airport waiting for my connecting flight to Georgia. Oh the emotions that are flowing through me!

Yesterday was just hard, there's no way around it. As each goodbye approached, my stomach began to turn and the tears would take over my sight. As I held in my arms each person, I couldn't help but want to hold on forever. My heart hurts so much yet as I said my final goodbyes and stood in the very long line at security, I felt complete peace. There was not a doubt in my mind that I was doing what I am suppose to be doing. As hard as it was to wave those final goodbyes and blow kisses to my family and friends watching, I turned the corner confident that God is with me each and every step of the way.

And Sunday was amazing. I felt so loved as over 120 people joined me at my parents house to enjoy food, fellowship together and say those final goodbyes. It was an all day occasion and I'm so thankful to each and every one of you who made the time to come by and say goodbye. It was such a great day and I will hold the memories in my mind as this journey continues. 

And for those of you who are just joining me, this isn't the beginning, this is a huge celebration to what the Lord has been doing to prepare me for His ministry. Check out some of my earlier posts, back in 2011 and 2012 to see just how far things have come! And here is one of my favorite posts from the beginning...click here

A quick summary: In October of 2010 I joined my friend on a trip to Romania that will forever be my turning point on this journey to the mission field. I began praying and in October of 2011, I had my first communication with SIM. In May of 2012 I went to the SIM USA headquarters and had orientation, was accepted into the SIM family and sent in my application to serve in Kenya. A few long weeks later, during the last week of July in 2012, I received the email I had been waiting for... I had a signed placement agreement with Kenya, however my job description had changed, I was now preparing to be a teacher's assistant in the slums. In November of 2012 I went back to the SIM USA headquarters, bonded with fellow cross culturally workers, gained a whole bunch of great tips and preparation, and was sent home to begin the support raising process. It was at this training that I set a FAITH departure date of July 23, 2013. Remember the dreaded financial meeting?? And then in December 2012, I received an email from Kenya offering me the option to teach in a small village along the coast of Kenya... a few weeks of praying later, and I definitely said yes!

And here I am! With a few verbal commitments still pending, I believe I can say, and give God all the credit while doing so, that I am 100% supported as I leave for Kenya! 8 months of on my knees praying for God to show up, praising Him as He provided, and celebrating each new person who joined my team; this has been one of the most faith stretching yet blessed processes I could have ever gone through! I got to leave on my faith departure date of July 23rd, 2013! How amazing is that??

As hard as it was to say goodbye, it's now time to start looking forward. I cannot wait to be in Kenya and I'm praying that I will be able to slow down and enjoy this amazing journey God has me on. To those of you who are praying and giving financial, thank you so much for your part in this, I sincerely couldn't do it with out you and just want you to know how integral of a part you play as we take the gospel to the small village. May God receive the praise as we seek him during this very hard, but exciting transition! 

Some things to pray for:
* A good relaxing time in GA with some amazing friends of mine. I have been looking forward to this time since I bought the ticket and believe it has been my saving grace these last few days.

* My heart as it attempts to process the goodbyes and long separation from my family and friends. Knowing I have their support means the world, but that doesn't take away the pain of not getting all the hugs from them for awhile.

* For my family and friends as they too grieve during this time. May Jesus be the ultimate comforter during this time for all of us!

Soon and very soon I will be up, up and away to the beautiful country of Kenya! 

4 days until I leave the USA and journey to Kenya to share God's love with the children and their families in the village!! Eek I'm excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...