Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Submitting to God's Purpose

I have become all things to all men,, that I might by all means save some. -1 Corinthians 9:22

All of God's people are ordinary people who have been made extraordinary by the purpose He has given them. Unless we have the right purpose intellectually in our minds and lovingly in our hearts, we will very quickly be diverted from being useful to God. We are not workers for God by choice. Many people deliberately choose to be workers, but they have no purpose of God's almighty grace or His mighty Work in them. Let Him have His way. (Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, Oct. 25)

When I came across this devotion, I knew it was the one I needed to write about. I couldn't have written a better encouragement than the above paragraph. If anything, the idea of submitting to God's purpose and will for my life has been one of deepest struggles I have been facing lately. I sense no real direction. All the doors seem open at the moment and each one of them seem very possible. Each of them also have their own unique challenges. So with all the worldly knowledge that I can attain, none of it compares to the knowledge that Jesus holds for my future. I don't want to get caught up in the task, even though at the moment I feel as though I am doing just this. Instead, I want to see Him work within me and through me in order that the greater good can be attained, people will come to know Him as their Lord and Savior. 

Let Him have His way. So few words and yet a whole lot of meaning wrapped up in that sentence. Let Him have His way. Let Him... I must surrender. I must let go. I must stop trying to figure it out myself and allow Him to work. ...have His way...and allow Him to do what He wants. I must let go of my stubborn, prideful, controlling, and planning self and put on faith, trust, willingness, and obedience. 


Dear Jesus,
 How exciting I am to see what Your plans hold for my life. I am so thankful for all the blessings that You have bestowed upon me. I realize that each moment, each breath I take, every conversation I have, every job You give is a blessing from You. Good or bad, I want to be thankful for what You have planned. For You do not give bad gifts, even though I may see it as such, for You are working for a greater good, and I am only able to see a finite piece of the puzzle. Help me to see through Your eyes how beautiful Your Creation is from animals to plants to people. Jesus, work within me to do Your will, whatever that may be. Help me to walk step by step with You and not attempt to run ahead. Thank You for being my God, my Lord, and my Savior. 

In Your name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...