Wednesday, May 16, 2012

5.16.12 Praise God




Lots of praises from today!
*I made it to the airport on time this morning! (Me driving at 5am and roadwork doesn't mix)
*On my 2nd flight from Chicago to NC, I sat by a Christian who shared her whole story with me.
*Upon arrival, I called the driver who said that one of the psychologists was on my flight. I called him, he didn't answer. I sat down and overheard the man 3 seats down from me say, "well I'll just start asking around...what was her name again?" and then his phone cut out. I turned and said, "are you Tom", he says, "Are you Danielle"...I had found not only someone I knew but the right person!
*Food!! They fed us an amazing dinner, I was starving, at that point I might have eaten anything. 
*We had a short orientation and then played a fun game to get to know the other people who are here. Memory game, my short term memory is intact!
*The "second floor roomies" split into 6 rooms have migrated to the common room and are having a computer party (one of the girls just brought out her computer, doesn't even have it open)

So it's been a good day. I'm really excited to see what God is going to do over these next few days. I still can't believe I'm on the other side of the states. I think I'm just more excited to see God work in these next few weeks. I'm praying for an open heart to obey Him. All the conversations around me are discussing where they want to go, for how long, what they want to do. It is so encouraging to be surrounded by people who all have the same desires. Jesus is so good.


The Trial of Faith


"Faith as a mustard seed..." -Matthew 17:20


Faith by its very nature must be tested and tried. And the real trial of faith is not that we find it difficult
to trust God, but that God's character must be proved as trustworthy in our own minds. Faith being worked out into reality must experience times of unbroken isolation.
Never confuse the trial of faith with the ordinary discipline of life, because a great deal of what we call the trial of faith is the inevitable result of being alive. (Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, Oct 31)

Faith. We can place our trust in anything. But ultimately, God asks us to place all of our faith in Him. But what does that look like? For me, being here, is walking by faith. I have absolutely no idea what God is going to do with this. And as I have been thinking about this from awhile, I really liked what Chambers said, "that God's character must be proved as trustworthy in our own minds." God is faithful all the time. It is us, our hearts, our minds, our souls that have a hard time constantly placing our faith in Him. With missions, I have been asking God to work in my heart, to help me to have faith. What does that look like these next few days? An open mind. With every conversation, with every new person I meet, with all the knowledge I gain, I want to only cling to my faith in Jesus.


Jesus. Faith. Trust. Obedience. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...