Friday, July 19, 2013

I just can't believe it...

In 10 days I will be in Kenya! Time has flown and I'm living in complete denial. I definitely haven't had time to just sit around and think about it and I will take it as a huge blessings. This last week has been amazing! The love from the MHK staff, volunteers and kids at Summer Blast has been so overwhelming. God has done some amazing things this last week, not just with me but in the lives of so many kids! We had 141 kids receive Christ, 1,400+ kids got to hear about my move to Kenya, and 500+ volunteers joined the fun and shared the love of Christ with everyone they saw! It was amazing and I'm so glad I got to be a part. God is so faithful!
Here's a picture of me sharing about my move to Kenya to a group of elementary kids. I was calm the entire time and loved every minute of it!


Through out the week, the kids (and sometimes adults joined!) brought pennies on Monday, nickels on Tuesday, dimes on Wednesday, quarters Thursday, and dollar bills/paper money today. The kids were challenged to raise $8,000, and if they did, Jane (MHK Children's director), Amy (Elementary coordinator) and myself would get slimed. They definitely made it and more! The Grand Total was $9,452.69!!! So worth it!



Two prayer warriors! 





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...