Friday, July 26, 2013

Last post in America for awhile...July 2013


Can you believe I am leaving the country in just a few days… it may even be down to hours now! Leaving San Diego was hard, but I was so looking forward to my time in Georgia that it hadn’t quite hit me that I was leaving for Africa. And to be honest, I still don’t think its hit me. Every once in awhile I think about it, the fact that I will soon be back at the airport, praying my luggage weighs in okay, trying not to stress through the security line, and then the patience while on the long plane rides, and I’m reminded that this move is really happening.

However, I am having such a great time here in Georgia and it has been so relaxing. We made a trip to the park and library yesterday, the pool every day and today drove about an hour to a state park that had alligators! I actually spotted one swimming in the little river and we walked down to the bridge to find a few tanning in the grass. Naps have been glorious both days I’ve been here and overall the perfect way to spend my last few days in America. It’s definitely going to be a hard goodbye on Sunday.


And that is just around the corner! In order to spend the most amount of time with them, I’ve decided this is my last post before I get to Kenya. I will most likely blog a bit at each airport to keep track of my emotions and such as I go but I won’t post it until I actually get to Kenya. So… here is my itinerary! I’ve done the time conversions for you so you can be praying, no matter where you are!


Flight info                                San Diego Time                   Kenya Time
Atlanta                                                         
Depart @ 12:52pm                 9:52am Sun                            7:52pm Sun

Fly to

New York (2hrs 23min)
Arrive @ 3:15pm                    12:15pm Sun                         10:15pm Sun

Depart @ 7:10pm                    4:10pm Sun                           2:10am Mon

Fly to

London (6hrs 50min)
Arrive @ 7:00am                     11:00pm Sun                         9:00am Mon

Depart @ 10:45am                   2:45am Mon                         12:45pm Mon

Fly to

Nairobi, Kenya (8hrs 35min)
Arrive @ 9:20pm                     11:20am Mon                        9:20pm Mon

Your prayers mean so much! I feel them as I’m calm and relaxed and not sick! Praise the Lord for that one! The weather here is a great transition to what I’m going to; warm, sticky, and a few rain storms have come through (still waiting for thunder and lightening!). I’ve gone 3 hours east from San Diego, so to complete my journey, I only have 7 more to go… I think a good choice over 10hrs all together.

Feel free to email or text me in the next few days! I don’t keep my phone on me but I do check it throughout the day.  My phone will go off once I leave New York for London. I have installed the Viber app on my phone, and as long as I have wireless internet, we can text/talk for free. It still uses my same phone # as I’ve had.

I will soon be up, up, and away! Thanks Rooke's for all the fun memories and taking me in for the week! Love you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...