Saturday, November 22, 2014

Over the top fried rice

It's been awhile since I've posted anything about food. Fried rice (or what I have to call American fried rice living with Asians) has been my go-to dinner when I can't think of something better. However, tonight I decided to throw in a little of everything that I had. It's amazing! The flavors that are being processed by my taste buds at the moment are so rich and just about perfect :)


Take in the goodness will you... give yourself a few minutes to enjoy :)

So nummy I may just got back for my third bowl right about now!

Ingredients/Recipe:
1) Add 2 tablespoons sesame oil and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2) Dice up: 
    1 small carrot
    1/4 of a medium onion
    1/4 of a bell pepper
    2 small potatoes
    2 green onions       ....and fry it up together in the oil combination
3) Cook 1/2 - 3/4 cup rice in separate pan
4) Once the veggies have gotten some color add 2 strips of cut up uncooked bacon
5) Stir occasionally so the bacon and potatoes get cooked on all sides
6) Once the bacon is cooked add 1 egg and stir until fried
7) Add the cooked rice to the fried veggie mixture and add 3 tablespoons soy sauce
8) Stir until all the rice is coated
9) Cut up 1/2 of a ripe avocado and a few uncooked green onions for toppings
10) satisfy your taste buds!

So instead of the third bowl of fried rice I remembered dessert. 
Behold...vanilla ice cream with a salted caramel sauce (thanks Amanda!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...