Sunday, November 9, 2014

Prayer for Samuel

Taken November 2012
Can I ask you to pray for sweet Samuel. He is one of 32 kids in one family. He was the oldest student in our school because his family struggled to pay school fees. He became one of the students we supported and will be finishing KG3 (last class in nursery school) this year and entering into Class 1 (primary school) in January. Over the last year he was often in my class because he couldn't behave himself in his own class. We've had many talks, me encouraging him that he is able to sit down, do his work and do it well. I've worked with him often on learning to read and loved to see this smile when we correctly sounded out the word we had been struggling with. 

Taken August 2013
He struggles mostly because he wants attention and receives it most when he makes poor choices. Since leaving the village I have talked on the phone to him a few times when his teacher wanted to send him home. I challenged him as I had before that I didn't think he could do his work and do it well. The texts are always the same, "thanks for talking to Samuel he did so much better after talking to you." He attends church on a weekly basis and is often times around the church compound because it is a safe place. 
Taken March 2014
Shortly after leaving the village I got word that he was really struggling at home and his mom was wanting to give up. Competing with 31 other kids isn't easy and he falls fairly close to the middle. He has been on my heart so much lately and since I can't be there physical may our hearts join together for him. Pray for his home situation, school fees, and that he would come to trust in Jesus for salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...