Thursday, November 3, 2011

...but he who sent me is reliable. -Jesus

"I have much to say in judgement of you. But he won't sent me is reliable, and what I have heard from him I tell the world." - John 8:26

"Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs forever." -John 8:35

"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." - John 9:3

I have taken a short break from reading through chronologically, to read through the gospel of John. John is a pretty straightforward writing who showed that without belief in Jesus, you will become blind. Not only will you become blind, but you will die. These past few days have been rough. Today is the 3rd, Baby Joshua was born yesterday. Tears and sorrow rain down as I not only hurt for the loss of him but for my dear friends. Also, on monday I came down with a slight cold. That cold has turned into a devouring sickness that has overtaken my head. And yet I cling to the John 8:26  who claims that God is reliable. In times of hurting and pain, His is the dependable. A few versus later read the promise that a son is forever apart of God's family when their faith and life are put in His hands. What better place for my life to be in than the hands of than the most reliable dependable God of Creation.

Even during these last 9 months where we prayed and prayed for a miracle, for healing for Joshua, ultimate healing was accomplished for his soul. Jesus, the reliable, dependable one has welcomed him home. As I look at who God is through the scriptures, I learn that He wants to be there for us during this time. He see's us in the now but can also see the future. It is in the hands of this God that Joshua rests tonight.

Dear God,

We love you. We long to see you, to worship you, to give you the glory. In these difficult days that lay ahead, I pray that you would comfort and give peace to my dear friends. I pray that the words of John 9:3 ring true, that you have planned and purposed this, and that you would use it to display exactly who you are. May we cling to you during this time, may you be near us God, for you are good.

You are all big and small, beautiful and wonderful, to trust in grace through faith, but I'm asking to taste...

for dark is light to You, depths are height to You, far is near, but Lord, I need to hear form You.

Be near, oh God, be near, Oh God of us. Your nearness is to us our good. Be near, oh God, be near, oh God of us, Your nearness is to us our good, our good.
Your fullness is mine, revelation divine, but, oh, to taste to know much more than a page, to feel your embrace...
...far is near, but Lord I need to hear from You...Be Near... (Shane & Shane, Be Near, Psalms 73:28 & 139)

May we draw near to you God and rely on your Holy Spirit all the days you give us breath.

In Jesus name I pray these things,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...