Saturday, January 28, 2012

Prayer, Praise, Purpose...waiting

Prayer
The last couple of weeks I have to admit, prayer has been overrun by anything and everything  Satan can put in front of me to distract me. I miss it desperately and know that without prayer, I am running the race in my own strength.
Praise
I also miss true praise. Last night, I stood and was surrounded by fellow believers as we sang to the Lord, “How great thou art”. I was overcome with tears as I felt the strength of God rising up in me just by singing His praise. I was reminded how great He is, and how much support I have around me because of Him.
Purpose
What is my purpose in life? When I gave my life to Jesus 7 years ago now, I had no idea just what that meant. But literally, each and every one of us must completely surrender all that we are. After 6 years I finally surrendered, and realized that what God was calling me to do was much greater than anything I could think of myself. Through prayer and praise, I continually ask God to show me His purpose for my life and that I would do so with all that I am.
Update:
Jan 23rd- I was cleared of all necessary paperwork in order to be put on the list to attend the May 2012 SIMStart (a 4-day training).
Jan 23rd- I also was sent a link with all the opportunities that are available through SIM. After a few days, I because quickly overwhelmed at the amount of needs that are present.
Jan 26th- I got a new perspective and some much need help and I once again sat down to go through the options. There I found 5 options that I could possible fulfill.
Jan 27th- I received the full detailed report and was able to scratch 3 of the 5 off due to different things.
Today: I continue to pray for guidance as to where God wants to me go and what He desires me to do. I sometimes get the feeling that I will be asked to do something outside my comfort zone (as if just going isn’t enough) and I must be in prayer as to where to go.
I’m also very excited with where God has brought me just this far. I know getting all the paperwork in and cleared in the timing that I did is a miracle of His hands. I’m excited that I’m finally at the stage where I can truly begin focusing on where to go and when.
I’m looking forward to continually acknowledging God’s direction with this whole mission. As He continues to weave and create a beautiful basket of all His doings, I desire to allow God to do His will. I’m also looking forward to all the connections He continues to formulate in my life that are added bonuses on this path to the missions field. I also look forward to many times of quiet with my focus on Him and Him alone. (In this I pray against the enemy that God would protect this time and that I would do my part to fulfill what He is asking me to do for Him). And I also look forward to the SIMstart that will take place in May. I’m looking forward to meeting all the wonderful people who have helped me along this journey and encouraged me. I also look forward to meeting other prospective missionaries that are journeying down this same path I am as I realize I am never alone.

As I venture out on this beautiful Saturday morning in January where the weather is to be in the high 70’s, my prayer is that I can listen to God’s voice clearly in all that I do. I pray His presence is near and may all that I do be for His glory. Lord I am waiting on you, patiently I will wait. I will move ahead bold and confident, taking every step in obedience as I continue to serve You, worship You, and I will not fear for you have called me to run this race that is to your glory and honor. What a lovely song that you have spoken to me through and as hard as it is to hear those words, I know that is just what I am suppose to do; wait on you. Jesus thank you for being my Savior, my best friend and my everything. I love you and desire to serve you with all that you have created me to be.
In your sweet name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...