Tuesday, December 25, 2012

favorite Christmas ever...2012

Anyone that knows me knows that my #1 love language is quality time. And I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas, one that was about Jesus and spending quality time with those I love. I don't think I could have planned the last two days any better myself. I'm pretty sure this was my favorite Christmas ever and one I will remember for a long time!
It began at Shadow Mountain for the traditional candlelight service. My church family and I enjoyed singing Christmas carols together, reading the Christmas story from Luke 2 aloud, and of course lighting our candles and singing "this little light of mine". Tears rolled down my eyes as I sang, asking God to carry my candle into the world so that He may be made known to those who have never heard. I enjoyed this special time between God and I, as I got the opportunity to reflect on what exactly He had done for me, come down from Heaven as a baby, live a perfect life, and be willing to die on a cross so that I can one day spend eternity with Him. What a sweet time it was.
After the service, I met my Dad's side of the family at PF Chang's and enjoyed a very nummy dinner together. The fellowship was amazing as we laughed and shared memories of our years together. My brother and I reflected on our time afterwards and he said it best, "everyone legitimately was excited to see each other and spend that time together." After dinner we went back to my Aunt and Uncle's house (my cousin and I took the long way), ate a few sweets, made coffee and sat on the couch and watched old family videos. One was from Christmas when my Grandma was still alive and I was the only grandchild (24 years ago) and another was clips from my dad and Aunt's childhood. We also watched videos from our annual Lake Powell trip, what an amazing time laughing and reflecting on such amazing times together!
Photo: Our Christmas tradition!  Thank you Danielle Warford!!
Christmas Eve night I spent the night at my parents house (tradition since I moved out) so that we could open presents together as a family and enjoy breakfast together. I enjoyed this special time with just my family as we gave to one another because we wanted to. My favorite gift from my parents was not a present under the tree to open but rather money donated to my support account. I love you both and thank you so much for your love and support! I made monkey bread, a new tradition as of two years ago, and we devoured it pretty quickly. Such a great way to start Christmas day!
The rest of Christmas day was spent over at my Mom's parents house with her side of the family. Because we don't exchange gifts anymore, we decided to spend that time playing games together. It may of been a bit difficult to get everyone seated to play, but once we did, bunco was A LOT of fun! I enjoyed the quality time we had together, making memories that I will forever remember. And the food never disappoints at Grandma's house, no matter who makes it. My dad cooked the turkey and carved it for the 27th year in the a row! The sweet potatoes were by far my favorite!
And now I am enjoying my all-time favorite Christmas movie, Home Alone. It really is the most amazing way to end such a wonderful two days. Knowing that I won't be here next year, I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas. I love my family and I love the memories that we made this Christmas. I feel very loved!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great Christmas! I like the new blog design BTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha! Instagram/Facebook shows you had a great Christmas as well! Jesus is so good to us :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...