Sunday, April 14, 2013

I can taste it...

What better way to understand a culture than through their food? It has been one of the things I have wanted to research more before I go because I really do love food. Last night I was searching google for popular Kenyan ethnic foods and looking at the recipes and thinking how I might recreate them...

(in an excited, anticipatory voice) and then this afternoon my Dad tells me he saw on the news this morning that there was a local Kenyan restaurant in the area. I came home, and sure enough, it exists less than 10 miles from where I live! I'm going to get to taste it before I get there...and I don't even have to make it! (which is probably better for everyone)

I found great reviews online and cannot wait to go try it... Their menu is even in Swahili...(and English of course!)

Anyone want to go with me?? :)


Nyama Chroma

Ugali

Nyoyo

Chapati

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...