Thursday, January 10, 2013

faith in the face of finances

Faith. The Greek word for faith is, πείθω, transliterated is pistis, meaning to persuade, [or] be persuaded…persuasion(come to trust) It is God’s warranty that guarantees the fulfillment of the revelation He births within the receptive believer.

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith (through persuasion, through coming to trust); and this not from yourself, it is the gift of God; not by works, so that no one can boast." -Ephesians 2:8-9

The Lord said to Moses, “Tell the Israelites to bring me an offering, You are to receive the offering for me from each man whose heart prompts him to give. –Exodus 25:1-2

Then the whole Israelite community withdrew from Moses’ presence, and everyone who was willing and whose heart moved him came and brought an offering to the Lord for the work…” –Exodus 35:20-21a
The persuasion comes from the Holy Spirit working inside me to remind me of God’s power in my life. And I am so thankful for the Spirit who is helping me stay focused during this incredibly faith-stretching process! As I go through this process of raising up a team of people to be apart of this ministry, I am constantly reminded that it is His job in others’ lives as much as it is in mine to keep us focused on the kingdom. (Ex 35:20-21a) He allows us not to get caught up in budgets or needs but rather people and opportunities. By keeping my faith grounded in His promises, I know He will provide.

And He is! I am so encouraged as I watch God work in the hearts of my family and friends, and people I’ve never met, to join this ministry. However, that’s not to say I don’t struggle. There are moments when my faith slips, when I doubt God’s calling or want to turn and run the other way. It can be very overwhelming when I realize just how much God is entrusting to me.  The last two days have been very hard. Overwhelming, emotional, frustrating, and confusing. I’m sensing God asking me to give up comforts now so that I can focus on this ministry of raising a support team. (Ex 25:1-2) In order to be successful on the field, it is crucial that I have strong relationships with those back home that are supporting me through prayer and finances. And relationships take time.

Tonight, I put my faith in the fact that He knows what I need. I’m seeking him tonight, asking Him to direct my ways, to show me where I must let go and let Him led, and where I must take a step of faith and trust that He will work out the details. Whether it be time, relationships, feelings or finances, I must place my faith back in Him, and not in any of these barriers.

Will you join me in praying for God’s leading in all of this? Specifically that no matter what I’m facing or where He is leading me, I will continually place my faith in Him and Him alone.

By the way, back on May 17, 2012, during my time at SIM for SIMStart, I blogged about faith in the face of fears. How appropriate that I go back to Moses to discover what faith looks like in the face of finances as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...