Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Budget Story #2

I have been encouraged to write down some of the amazing experiences I am having as I am in the process of watching the Lord provide. I have mentioned on facebook that the "front row view to God's working in your lives" is very exciting! But here is a story that brought me to tears as I realized God's hand in building this team through someone I don't even know.

I'm must preface this story by saying I have been praying day and night for God to work in people's hearts to want to be apart of His ministry in Kenya, especially financially. As I pray, I also tell God that I want Him to work in such a way that only He can receive the praise, credit and glory.

This story begins last week when I did a gift input into my database. With one click of a button, any money that has been processed by SIM syncs with my database of connections on my computer and links gifts to those in my database (or creates a new contact if it is new). I clicked, and up popped a name I did not recognize. Hmm.. this must be a mistake. I looked at the information given and I recognized nothing, and was overwhelmed by the amount... at this point I felt positive it was a mistake. So I wrote an email to donor relations at SIM, telling them the circumstances and asking them to check on it and let me know. The next day I get an email saying they were forwarding the email to another person who handles that type of gift. 3 days later... no answer. At this point, I was getting a little antsy. I really just wanted it out of my account so that I wouldn't think I had that money when I really didn't. I decided to call, and got passed from person to person when finally I got a response, "so you are Danielle!"... yes, yes I am... and can you tell me what's going on here?... the kind lady on the phone says, "let me explain what's going on"... thank you!!! the kind lady on the phone again, "so we received this check in the mail but it was not designated to anyone. Someone recognized part of the last name and linked it to someone who works in this office, that person knew the donor but really had no communication with her. So I (the kind lady on the phone) made contact with the donor who said they didn't care where the money went. So I (the kind lady on the phone) contacted the person at the office who is linked to the donor and that person suggested it go to one of their missionaries who they have been working with to get to the field who is in the most need. At that point we checked support accounts with the most need and yours was chosen." (by the way, they must of checked this back in November)

Tears are now flowing from my eyes. I'm feeling totally overwhelmed by God's presence, her mere words felt like a huge hug from God. I told the kind lady on the phone, "I really can't believe how amazing our God is." (a few sniffles)... she responds, "It really is amazing to get to see God work in such powerful ways." She went on to tell me that when things like this happen, she is just as excited as the missionary she transfers the money to. We praised God together in those next few moments and then I hung up the phone and let the tears flow.

There are still no words to explain just how real God is in answering my prayers. There is nothing special about the words I say, but my heart is so in love with my Savior that I feel completely in tune with him. Jesus, you are beyond amazing. Thank you for hearing me and answering my prayers. May people read this and praise You for how real, personal, and generous you are! Jesus, keep my focus on you, align my heart to yours, so that everything I do is because you have led me to do it.
                                                 Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...