Friday, January 11, 2013

Stretching

If you read my latest post, faith in the face of finances, you know that God is definitely stretching me as I place my faith in Him to provide for His ministry. When I say it like that, I'm reminded that this isn't my ministry, this isn't my plan, it's God's. (He’s reminding me of a lot of characteristics about Himself as you will see)

I'm being stretched by a lot of things at this moment. 

Daily Grind
There just doesn't seem to be enough time in a week anymore. Between work, school, building a support team, homework, eating food(to sustain life), sleeping...the days are flying by! Thankfully, even after I summarize just all there is to do each day, I am reminded of God's presence as I take on each thing. 

God's Presence
Even though sometimes I don't feel it, He is always with me. During my Bible reading this morning, He showed Himself to me.
Here is a trustworthy saying:
If we died with him,
   we will also live with him.
If we endure,
   we will also reign with him.
If we disown him,
   he will also disown us;
If we are faithless,
   he will remain faithful,
   for he cannot disown himself. 
–2 Timothy 2:11-13

What a beautiful piece of truth from the Scriptures! Admist the daily grind that has a way of overwhelming me, His spirit supersedes the lies and reminds me of His power in my life.

People's Generosity
God is reminding me that He is my provider through your generosity. Every time my faith seems to slip, I get another email with more gifts. Almost every time I sign into my account there is more support! Why oh why do I doubt??? It reminds me that it is nothing of myself that is going to provide the funding for His ministry, it is Him working in your hearts to generously give. And generous you have been! In the last week my one-time needs have increased from 11% to 30%!!! I have communicated with three families that said they have begun monthly commitments! And that’s only the one’s I know of!

Thank you for your prayers through this support raising process, prayers and the reminder that God is my strength are the only things that are going to get me through these next 6 months!

He's stretching me alright!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...