Friday, May 24, 2013

faces to pray for!

I can count on my two hands how many weeks left until I leave and each week there is some event going on that will make these next few weeks fly by! My emotions are very mixed all the time. I'm so excited to go and I'm sad to leave. IF I ever go serve overseas again in the future I will not work the last 6-8weeks before I leave and I definitely don't recommend it. Between people wanting to meet up, praying (its a necessity these days), spending quality time with family and friends, sitting doing nothing because crying takes so much out of you; time for work, let alone the brain power to focus, is very difficult! I'm doing it because this season brings on my favorite part of the job, organizing the 500+ volunteers for our vacation bible school, but it's hard!

For those of you still praying about giving financial, know I am praying for you! I pray day and night (and often throughout the day) for the finances for His ministry. I know only He can move people to give and it is so amazing to see Him work as I pray. My support is at 59%! That's a 24% increase since May 1st. I'm beyond words as I see who God is choosing to play a part of His mission. It reminds me that this is not about me. There are over 60 one-time and monthly donators to this ministry and 10 of them I have never met. Is that not amazing?! I have just over $1,000 left to be committed monthly. A prayer partner of mine sent me this verse and I will be memorizing it tonight as I fall asleep.

God, who has called you into fellowship with the Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful. 
-1 Corinthians 1:9

And, a few weeks ago, I received some pictures of the sweet faces I will soon be teaching. As you are praying, here are some faces to pray for! I cannot wait to meet these kids in person, oh it's going to be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...