Monday, June 18, 2012

Let's get our hands dirty with Your plan.

"For I (God) know the plans I (God) have for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" -Jeremiah 29:11

I think lately I have wanted that verse to say For I (Danielle) know the plans for me and Jesus they will prosper You and won't harm You, they will give You hope and a future for Your Kingdom.

The actual verse came to my mind this morning as I sat down and just thought about the fact that I'm still waiting. For the first week, maybe even two, I was really good about trusting God, not trying to plan too much and just waiting to hear His amazing plan. Well I know it's still amazing, I'm just having a hard time trusting. And now that over four weeks have gone by, I have definitely caught myself multiple times thinking through this great plan that will take me to Africa and see His Kingdom furthered.

Then I find this verse: "But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ." -2 Corinthians 11:3

My mind has been led astray and my faith in God's plan has left. My devotion, at times is to Christ, but I would say that most of the time I've focused on devotion to this life. Harsh reality. How do I get back on the right track, letting God have complete control (why not, He has it anyway), and move forward knowing that His plan is way better than anything I can ever come up?

After all this, I realize I need to spend some time just thinking about all the plans He has shown me this far, all the amazing experiences He has allowed me to have, and the different opportunities He has given me to serve Him. As I look back on these last few years, I realize that not one job I have had was one where I searched out the opportunity. Actually I don't think I had even looked at, applied or even called about one of them. Every job I have had was one that literally fell on my lap. What makes me think that a "job" in Missions is going to be any different. Nanny job, friend of the family called me and said they knew someone needed a nanny for their baby. Coaching position, I was asked. Avid tutor; someone told me about the job, I showed up for an interview and signed papers to work there instead. Children's Ministry, I was volunteering hours because I didn't have a job, and low and behold a position was able to be created where I could get paid to do what I love to do. Not once have I had to seek out a position. God has always provided.

And God will provide. He is my Provider. I must cling to Jeremiah 29:11 and pray against the serpent's cunning ways, coming with a sincere heart to God and asking that He be all that I need.

Jesus,


You are everlasting and you won't grow weary. You are my defender when I am weak and you comfort me when I am in need, You lift me up on wings like eagles. My strength will rise as I wait on You to provide all that I need. I will wait upon You Lord. God, You reign forever, You are my hope and my strong deliverer. 


Waiting Lord Jesus is so very hard. But I rest in Your plan, in Your timing and know that my strength in You will rise as I wait on You. My faith in You will grow as I wait. Jesus, I pray that You would continue to show me Your truth and in the times that are hard, would overwhelm me with Your grace. Help me to rest in You and not in this world. I don't like Jesus when my focus is drawn to the worries of this world. For I am here on a mission to bring glory to Your Kingdom. Help me to remember that this is not my home, but that I am a citizen of Heaven. I am a child of Christ and I don't want to find my identity in anything else but You. 


Jesus, renew the spirit of service within me. Help me to see that everything I do is for Your Kingdom and that nothing changes that. When I think about all the things that need to get done, I tend to get overwhelmed, but when I realize that I get to do it for You, a spirit of joy overwhelms me and I want to do everything You put in front of me. Help me today to focus just on what You want me to accomplish. Allow me not to be distracted by other tasks but remain focused on You and You alone. 


I am excited to serve You today. Give me opportunities Lord Jesus to show your grace and love. For it is a gift from You that I gladly desire to share with others. May your joy overflow out of me and into others today. May You be the one at the end of the day that is praised for all that is accomplished. Jesus, let's get our hands dirty!


In Your Name, Jesus. Amen



2 comments:

  1. How beautiful. We need to see your beautiful heart over here soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to! These be next 2 weeks are busy, after that lets schedule an afternoon!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...