Monday, June 11, 2012

With one...


With one word the storm will be gone
With one word the war will be won
With one word I know I can overcome
With one word the blind man can see
With one word the captive is free
With one word: the name of Jesus

Your name is sweeter than honey on my lips
Your name is power in every circumstance
Jesus, in Your name we’ll make mountains disappear
When we’re conquerors of fear, one word:

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus

With one word my soul is relieved
With one word the devil will flee
With one word my hurricane winds will cease
Through one word the world came to be
Through one word the world is redeemed
Through one word: the name of Jesus

Chorus. 
(With One Word lyrics by Shane & Shane)

One Word. In the beginning was the Word (Jesus). The Word (Bible) of God. One Word (God) can move mountains. Let the Word (Holy Spirit) dwell in you richly. Word. It has so much more meaning that an English dictionary can begin to explain. The strength, power and might of my God can be summed up in one word, Jesus. My faith is in Jesus, the Word of Life. In and through the name of Jesus I receive eternal life. 

This is has been playing in my head these last few days. It came on my ipod a few days ago in the car and ever since then I knew God was trying to tell me something; it just took a few days for me to figure it out. (And a few more days to sit down and write it out) These past few weeks, every time my phone goes off with an email, I have been checking for one specific email, one word in the subject line, approved. From Friday afternoon to Monday morning, I had checked over 100 times, because I had over 100 emails in my inbox. Over a hundred times I hoped for a word. I must say that the Word is really trying to teach me something about patience. I must realize this is a process, that it's not about the destiny but about the road that I'm on to get there. As I study the Word and try to imitate His ways, I come up very short.

With one word: Jesus. I've been asking God a simple question... What is your will? I believe I found my answer. Be joyful always; pray continuously; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Joy. Pray. Give Thanks. I can't have joy without Jesus. I can't pray if I don't have Jesus to pray to. I can't give thanks if there is no Jesus who gives all. God's will for me is wrapped up in one amazing word: Jesus. 

The Word (Bible) is so powerful. I was skimming through the New Testament last night looking for a verse (of which I'm still searching for) but as I was scanning, I found quite a few versus that I had read before, but as I just read and continued, I couldn't help but stop and realize how much goodness is in this book. 

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. -Romans 15:1

Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord in not in vain. -1 Corinthians 15:58c

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness -2 Corinthians 12:9a

for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. -Philippians 2:13

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection of the dead. -Philippians 3:10

I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. -Philippians 4:11b

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. -Philippians 4:13

I can't help but relax in His goodness. I have hope, He gives me grace. I am weak, He is powerful. I must be content, He has a purpose. I don't need an email answer, I need more Jesus. So maybe I'll have to wait another week or two or even a month. I will probably struggle along the way, but I don't doubt that God is growing and strengthen my faith through this process. Even this simple process of hearing back from the field, there is absolutely nothing I can do, other than pray and fix my eyes on the Creator and Perfecter of my Faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...