Monday, April 16, 2012

The Awareness of the Call

Yes that is my passenger rear tire that has a lovely piece of metal through it. However I was so happy that some very nice guys at church offered to change my tire for me and the place where I took it to get fixed does free fixing of tires!! Yup, completely free. Jesus is so good! I did learn something today through all of us and wanted to share. Last night could have turned out very different. The metal could have punctured the tire enough to pop it. The very nice guys could have not existed at the perfect timing and I might have not thought about it until it was too late. This morning I could of had to take my tire in much later in the day, gotten less hours at work or had to work late. And yet, none of these things happened. As each phone call, change in schedule and conversation I had, I couldn't help but thank God for orchestrating everything so perfectly today.

And then I realized, He does this everyday! He not only perfectly organizes each day, but my whole life! If I could just take every twist and turn in life with the same smile I had today, my sanity would be much more normal! Today did not go as I had planned two weeks ago, nor did last night's attempt at planning today change anything. Only the God who tells us that He has our lives all planned out from before we were even born can take a day like today, or a life we lead, and make it as perfect as only He can design. Which leads me to the devotional for today:


The Awareness of the Call

For necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel! -1 Corinthians 9:16

If a man or woman is called of God, it doesn’t matter how difficult the circumstances may be. God orchestrates every force at work for His purpose in the end. If you will agree with God’s purpose, He will bring not only your conscious level but also all the deeper levels of your life, which you yourself cannot reach, into perfect harmony. (Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, Sept. 29)

"God orchestrates every force..." Last night and today were perfectly orchestrated by God. Had my attitude of been differently I could have been frustrated over metal in my tire, I could have been angry that I lost hours in the morning, I could have been irritated that they couldn't find my information in the system and after 15minutes of returning to work they called and said my tire was fixed. I could have been mad when they said it would only take 20-30 minutes to fix and an hour later the guy came out and said were you called, its been done for awhile?? I could have, but I didn't. Acknowledging God's hand at work with each small event that took place today allowed me to sit back and thank him, with a positive attitude. In the end, everything turned out fine. 

I must learn from today. I must agree with God's purpose, even though it may not be in my plan right now or in two weeks. His plan is perfect and He wants me to trust Him and He will place all the pieces together to create something far better than I could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...