Saturday, April 7, 2012

With His hands...


What produces Joy? Just thinking the word and I get a sense of Hope, Calmness, a release of burdens. Why does the word Joy just bring a smile to my face? 

I must admit, coming into this day, even into these moments of time with Jesus, I wasn't really sure what I was looking for. Even after I have read, listened, prayed, and meditated on what Jesus did for me, I sat down to write and wasn't even sure where to start. So I thought about what I had read, listed to, prayed about and meditated on and instantly I felt Joy. But why?

In the past week or so, I have put off doing my quiet time. Allowing other things to "fill" the time, hoping for renewal, and instead feeling more tired than I had when I begun. It amazes me each time I switch my thinking and realize that sitting in front of the tv or reading a "good" book is not refueling. Even though I am sitting there wasting away little physical energy doing such things, my spiritual energy is depleting even faster. When my soul is full with truth, comfort and trust, I feel refueled... I feel Joy. 

As I was listening to the song by JJ Heller called Your Hands, a few lyrics stood out to me.
          

Your Hands- JJ Heller
“When my world is shaking, Heaven stands. When my heart is breaking, I never leave your hands.”
“When you walk upon the Earth, you healed broken, lost and hurt. I know you hate to see me cry, one day you will set all things right, yea one day you will set all things right.”
“Your hands, your hands that shaped that the world, are holding me, hold me still. Your hands that shaped the world, are holding me, hold me still.”

And so I thought about those hands and discovered: With His hands He created the Earth. With His hands, he bore the nails that held Him to the Cross so that He could carry my sins to death. With His hands, he reached out to calm the storm that holds me scared. With those same hands, He Saved Me.

How precious are those hands. Hands that can be stretched out as if to say, “Come to me with your burdens”. Hands that can be put together as if to say, “Pray, in My name, for I came to provide a way for you to have communion with my Father forever”. Hands that can be lifted as if to say, “I will Worship you now and always”.

His hands held out are the what I run to when I feel as I do now that remind me that His hands and His heart are the only things that can refuel me, only things that can bring me Joy.

Jesus, my Savior and my God. I desire to bring you all that is on my mind, all the burdens that I carry and lay them down at your feet. The daily tasks feel overwhelming, certain one’s I desire no more to accomplish. I pray that you would take those away or that you would change my heart and mind. Either way help me to be grateful for the opportunities you grant me to serve You. I ask you to direct my steps so that I am within your will for me each day. I also want to lift up my future to You Jesus. Help me to rest in the fact that You know my future, you have planned my future from before I was even born, from before this Earth was even created. Help me to be grateful for my future, whatever that looks like, knowing that ultimately my path leads to You. What a sweet reminder of just how amazing you are. You have purposes for us to accomplish on this Earth, but nothing is as great as running the race to the finish line. My life is a race, one that is meant to be run with one pace, not speeding and then snail crawling.

And Jesus, I must take a few moments to recognize what today and tomorrow mean. Easter is such a Joy to celebrate because the story didn’t end with your death. The end of the story is life, because you conquered it. Your plan from Creation to now is being accomplished and I praise you for the privilege to share this great news with so many. As we celebrate your risen life, Lord Jesus I pray that many would come to put them trust in You. I pray that your Holy Spirit would be alive in me as well as the other teachers and helpers, preachers and deacons so that many can know you as their Savior and their God. Give us the Joy only you can provide by seeing people’s eyes open for the first time. Help us to be aware of doubts and questions and give us Your words so that only truth is spoken. Remind us that the story doesn’t end with getting saved but rather growing and sharing our Hope and Joy with others as well.

I’m so thankful for what you did on the Cross for me. I’m so thankful that you didn’t stay dead, but that you rose again. Use my hands today and tomorrow to be your servant, to do your will, to fulfill your plans and to accomplish your desires. May you be glorified in all I do.

It is in your precious name that I pray,
Amen



Saturday April 7, 2012
"Fear is just a lie" video journal by Tenth Avenue North for the song "Strong Enough to Save"
"Strong Enough to  Save" song

Sermon "Be Grateful" by Pete Wilson, Cross Point Church
- You can't be grateful for something you feel entitled to.
- We start to focus on the gifts rather than the giver.
- Gratitude is not based on how good your situation is but on how good you SEE your situation to be.
- Has the gift become a burden?

Reading of Jesus last days by Mark (Chapters 11-16)

Lesson Planning for Easter :)

Blog Post...



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...