Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Speak to me O Lord

"All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name." - Acts 10:43

I was reading through, beginning with Acts 10:9 through verse 48. It begins with Peter up on a rooftop praying to God. He then see's a vision. After the vision, God reaffirms to Peter to do what was not normal by sending someone to get him. He goes there, not knowing what God is doing but just obeys. God uses him to testify to Cornelius and all the men about Jesus, Peter basically gives them them the invitation to accept the gift of salvation. Peter had no idea what God wanted for him, but he saw the vision and He obeyed, no questions asked, and God used him in a beautiful way.

God gave me a vision, and He has reaffirmed over and over that He has a mission for me as he did for Peter. I solely must obey. I believe this whole process really stood out to me as I reflect on the day. I spoke with my friend who told me she had communicated with the couple that oversee's the organization that ministers to Romania. They will be coming to San Diego mid-March and I will hopefully get a chance to meet with them then and see if they could use me in their ministry. With an open heart, God can use whatever He choses to speak to us. I don't believe that the passage I read tonight was an accident, even though I just opened the bible and thought, Acts sounds good. If I'm willing, God can take a piece of His living Word and reveal something to me.

Jesus,

I come before You tonight in complete reverance for who you are. You live in my heart, you guide my life, you convict me of sin, but this life is not about me. It is about You. Father help me to live as though You are the only thing that matter. That your ministry is what drives my life, that your heart and plan is what directs my life. May the Holy Spirit be fully alive in me.

I want to lift up to you the possibility of going to Romania and serving on the missionary field. If it is your will Father I pray you make all the arrangements, aline all the finances and prepare all the way for it to happen. I must continually and vocally give it over to You so  that I do not take any credit for it. I know that You have a plan, that I am only a tool as You tend  to your garden and I want to make sure that what I have been designed to do is what I'm doing. If I'm made to dig holes help me to stay focused on that and the calling you have for my life. Father helped me to keep my eyes fixed on you, for you tell us to not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow has enough worries of its own. You will care for those worries, I must stay focused on You. I give it over to You, I will continue to be a tool wherever you take me and whatever you have me to do. Until you have me move, I pray you keep my heart and soul focused on the work you have before me. Whether it be at the church or with those I will soon get the opportunity to coach and minister to, I pray that you would be with me now just as you have been so faithful to be in the past. May I not get caught up in the thoughts and planning of what could happen but allow you to worry about that and we stay focused on the hear and now.

My life is in your hands. I love you Jesus.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...