Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Love Day

I have a really hard time debated between which day of the week is my favorite. Each one brings so much joy, I have a feelin' it is because I see God in everything I do. What a difference in my attitude when I purposely choose to see through God's eyes. Instead of getting frustrated, I stop and try to look at the situation through the other person's eyes. Then I look to Jesus and ask, "what do I do?". But Sundays and Mondays are extra special. Nothing, in my opinion, shows God's love more than a child. The little things 3 year olds say or actions they repeat, I just lift my eyes to Jesus and tell Him thank you! Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world!

Today I also received a couple new ideas, as far as missionary work that continues to open my eyes to see God working. First was an opportunity to connect with a doctor and help run clinics south of the border. If you don't know me very well, my next passion after children is medicine. I grew up wanting to be a doctor, taking care of any sick person I came in contact with, attempting to figure out a cure for anything, even a cough, as well as watching every single medical show I could possible watch. If they had more drama than medicine, it lost my attention. So as I look at this opportunity, it just gets me excited. I also was connected with another missionary family who are planning to go to Romania the end of this year for the first time. I have contacted them and awaiting a response as to what God has for me through their ministry. Many options have been presented and I have absolutely no answers on any of them. Sometimes I feel like an answer is better than no answer but God's will not mine...

My friends who actually read this- I apologize for not connecting better with each of you. I feel completely out of the world at the moment and just can't seem to contact anyone. It is not that I don't have time, and I really don't have an excuse, other than I am truely spending each possible moment I can with God to hear His voice and listen.

Father God,

What a great and mighty God you are. At the very beginning you created the heavens and the earth, you worked for 6 days creating your perfect world and then you took a day to rest. I rest tonight in your arms. Hold me close, so close that I can feel your heart, there is no place I'd rather be. As I see more and more options coming before me, I get more and more excited for the possibilities and the ultimate will you have for me. Keep my eyes focused on You always. My prayer tonight is for me to lay at your feet all the different possibilities you have placed before me. As you see fit, I pray that you would continue to work out all the details so that Your perfect plan and will come forth to happen. I call upon your strength, your power, your wisdom and your patience to see this plan unfold through eyes focused on You.

Thank you for this amazing day full of love. A day that was not spent on the commerical aspect, but on the true focus on this life, which is Love. I am so grateful to You for the amount of love just one child can spread and I am so thankful for the children of this world. Father may Love be not something that is thought of only once a year, but everyday. For love is the center of our focus for when we love you we in turn love others. It is all about love! And I most certainly whole-heartedly LOVE You!

I pray all these things in Your son Jesus Christ's name,
Amen


The Discipline of Hearing

"Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops." -Matthew 10:27

Sometimes God puts us through the experience and discipline of darkness to teach us to hear and obey Him. Pay attention when God puts you into darkness, and keep your mouth closed while you are there. Are you in the dark right now in your circumstances or in your life with God? If so, then remain quiet. Darkness is the time to listen. Don't talk to other people about it; don't read books to find out the reaon for the darkness; just listen and obey. -Chambers, Feb 14th

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...