Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jesus' last words to His followers

Therefore (I stop and see what it is there for and then proceed…) go. I stop there. What was revealed tonight as a missionary spoke was this last passage in Matthew 28 was the last words Jesus said to his disciples before He returned to Heaven. To quote Brooks Buser, "it wasn’t a last sermon on family, or the church or the whole explanation of salvation (of which He could have done), no it was";
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshipped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
The very last thing that Jesus told his disciples to do before He returned to Heaven was to GO and make disciples of all nations. If you haven’t noticed I haven’t wrote in the last few days. I’ve been taken a lot in, processing, and letting it go. Today was a particularly hard day as I fought to contain thoughts in my heads that if they were expressed would not express the ultimate love I have for Jesus Christ. I fought those words, actions and emotions and turned to Jesus. I prayed. I then went back to church tonight, raised my hands in worship to the One True God that is Alive! Our God is alive in Heaven! And that God lives in my heart. And it’s the power He has dwelling in my heart, mind and soul that gets me up each and every day to literally fight for His name. Today, I haven’t heard such hurtful words come at me in a long time. My heart was torn in two by this afternoon that I just couldn’t talk to anyway, afraid more hurt may come. But I surveyed the day, the little amount I suffered and realized it is absolutely nothing compared to what Jesus endured through His life.
I know I am commanded by my Lord Jesus Christ, with the power of His Holy Spirit inside of me that I now must fasten the belt of truth, lay over my chest the breastplate of righteousness, cloth my feet with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. I also must take up my shield of faith, put on the helmet of salvation, and go out and fight with the sword of the Spirit always ready. My God is amazing and blesses me with each one of these pieces of protection so that we together can fight this fight.
Tonight was a beautiful reaffirmation of the work Jesus Christ is doing which is not in vain. I will keep pushing forward, not allowing the enemy to advance.
Jesus Christ,
Thank you for the reminder of just what it takes to be a follower of You. It saddens me that words came from my own brothers and sisters in You, but I know that with Your spirit and truth, You will heal my heart and renew it as well as those who may be hurting. What a moment it was to have gone through the past couple of days and finally get the chance to be surrounded by my church family with our hearts and arms raised toward You. Thank you for your persistence and abounding love you have for each and every one of us, the amazing grace that flows down, allowing us to see the ugliness of our sins washed away when we come to You for repentance. Father I desire to obey your command to reach the people who do not know who you are, to get the opportunity to use my gifts and see Your name be lifted in praise as it was tonight. With your guiding hand, I am excited all over again for just the possibility that You may have a place oversees for me to go and share the Love you have for each of us as children of the Most Holy. Continue to place all the pieces together so that I and everyone else can look at Your hand and see that it was all You who put the pieces of the puzzle together one by one. Thank You for the people You have brought alongside to educate and encourage me. When I hear your voice, it makes all the ugliness that had happened fade away as I ultimate live to please You and give you my life each and every day.
Here it is Father, take all of me, and do with it as You will.
In Your name I pray forever and ever,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...