Saturday, February 5, 2011

Today, I am a doormat

Are you ready to be poured out as an offering?

Yes, and if I am being out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. -Philippians 2:17

"It is one thing to follow God's way of service if you are regarded as a hero, but quite another thing if the road marked out for you by God requires becoming a "doormat" under other people's feet. Are you ready to be sacrified like that? Are you willing to give and be poured out until you ae used up and exhausted- not seeking to be ministered to, but to minister?" - Chambers, Feb 5th

That is an incredibly tough question. I know how much I need communication with family and friends, I say all the time, I just need my "friend time" and I'll be better. But the statement above takes out everything but God. Me, uprooting my life, would mean no more "friend time" to get me through my day. I must depend completely on the Lord. I believe He is testing me in that right now, knowing I can, and I see myself and say I can't. He wants me to admit that He is enough for me. And deep down I know He is, but for some reason my humanity can't wrap my mind around it. I desperately just want time to sit down and talk to a friend. It's the, God isn't enough thing, and so I must unload on someone because they can give me instant reccommendation. I don't have to wait on God for an answer, a friend has always had one. Today, I turn back to God, I will spend time with friends and not expect them to listen. I will listen, I will encourage, I will pour out, and I will turn to the Lord and ask Him to fill me up. Father God fill me now with your spirit, with your love and mercy so that I can encourage those around me.


I have everything I need in you, I will wait for you to answer, for you to guide and allow my body, mind and words to be a tool that You can use to encourage others. Allow me to be a doormat today, as hard as it will be, to completely give of myself to others as a sacrifice to You.

Sidenote- Patience pays off. A small testiment to the will of God for my life. If I can be patient with the little things, I can be patient with the bigger things (at least I hope!). So God, what do I do? Oh no, I have to wait...

First, I apologize for the randomness of today. There is a reason when I started this that I only posted at night. The day has happened and I can now reflect back on what I learned. Today you got a jumbled mess of three completely different thoughts. I have colored coated for you. So, in summary, God is the most amazing, fullfilling, friend ever. He uses us as humans to encourage, love and pursue through the love that He gives us initially. We cannot encourage others until God has filled us up first. I also was reminded of how exciting this life is. Every day is something new and different. Every day is a gift from God. Every breath is a miracle! Think about what it takes to make your body work, to the miles of blood flowing through to pump your heart which is what is keeping you alive and the anti-gravity flow of blood to the brain to make you sane! Seriously, how can you not lift your hands in praise to the Mighty Creator that loves you down to your every mispefection.

Father God,

How great, how mighty, how big and powerful you are on your throne in Heaven. What a gift my body is and a temple that I have given back to You. Thank you for the beautiful creation I am and for the amazing blessings around me. We are brothers and sisters in You who come together and get the opportunity to encourage one another through You. I am so encouraged today not by others' words but by their actions. I am completely in awe of You.

And once again I lift myself up to You. May you continue to guide my life, each step I take, and keep me in line with your will. Use me as you please and may all the glory and honor be given to You. Once again I am so honored to get the pleasure of teaching children how great your Love is for us. Even though you have an abundance of children, you love and care for each one as if we were the only one you had. If we are lost you will find us as the Shepherd did when one of his 100 sheep went missing. How special we feel when You pursue us. Father bless those children and their families as they lay their heads on their pillows tonight, warm their souls and bring their hearts to your sanctuary prepared to see You. How blessed we are with the priviledge to to Worship and praise You. Don't let us take for granted the freedom we have in that.

Jesus I pray you are present each moment of my life. Confirm once again your calling you have placed on my life as I continue to look for the door leading in a different direction. I'm being completely honest with you that the waiting is so difficult and I know it will pay off, but in the mean time I must listen to the pros and cons. Father focus my thoughts on You so that when I do hear the negative You overpower that with your voice. If you desire me to go I will go, I surrender my life to You, and ask that You work out all the details. May my eyes, heart, and mind look to You so that I understand and do only and exactly what You desire. Thank You Father for who you are and the eternal life I have to serve You.

I ask these things in Your name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...