Thursday, February 3, 2011

...and open to find the kids doing the same.

"But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble." -Psalm 59:16

Today was a blur. I'm not sure if it was waking up way before I really needed to to make sure I got a hot shower, the quiet time I thought I would be mentally awake for (I don't know myself very well) or the work I was excited to get to. But the day went. That is the best way to describe it, it went. Thursday mornings we have a group of kids who come to the nursery while their mom's are in bible studies. For about 30 min, we sing songs to the Lord and hear a bible story. I absolutely love watching kids praise the Lord, it is like seeing Jesus. When you make contact with them their faces light up; I close my eyes during parts to connect with the Lord and open to find the kids doing the same. These kids are one to five years old and they are worshipping the God of the universe. And I get paid for this???

Today I got a chance to take a breath. I was not rushed between activities, I took my time and got what needed to get done, done. I left, came home, and perched myself on my bed. I just laid here. Normally Thursdays are filled with homework, but today, I took the opportunity to rest. I'm excited to sleep tonight, and wake up tomorrow to serve the Lord in whatever He has for me, literally whatever because I have no plans!

Father,

What a God I serve. As I taught the kids this morning, you have ALOT of children. More than I will ever know and yet you know each and every one of us down to the very last detail of our dna. If one of your children are lost, you will go after it. As I sometimes attempt to run off on my own, Father you always come looking for me, even in the middle of the night. Father I pray for those children, that they will one day know you as their Savior, that you would truely live in their heart and be their everything.

Jesus I desire to draw closer to You. To feel your touch, to sense your spirit and see You present. I desire more of you and less of me. Fade me away so that You shine through, that You would be ultimately praised for the work you are doing on this Earth through me. What joy I get in giving you my life each and every day and getting the opportunity to see your hands and feet at work. Continue to guide me, help me to be patient and wait for You to work. It is all in your perfect timing that each step will happen. I'm encouraged by what You have accomplished so far and allowed me to see. Thank you Father for all the things you have done so far that I haven't seen and thank you for all you are yet to do. I am so thankful to have a Father up in heaven that has my best interest in mind in everything that happens.

I love you. I praise you for who you are. Mighty and Holy is your name. Use me as you will.

I pray these things in your name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...