Monday, February 7, 2011

Too Comfortable?

"Are you willing to say to God that He can have whatever He wants? Do you believe that wholehearted commitment to Him is more important than any other thing or person in your life? Do you know that nothing you do in this life will ever matter, unless it is about loving God and loving the people He has made." -Chan, p. 97


I get this vision, with eyes that reach far beyond what I can humanly imagine, I see hope, faith coming alive, more people knowing the truth. As I watched and listened to God work in the quiet, I saw just how alive He is. But now I sit in the unknown. I felt as though the momentum was moving forward. All of the sudden the wind has decided to switch directions on me. God and I are still moving forward, I never doubt that in a second. And with His strength we will endure and overcome the mighty winds. But we've been slowed down to a walk. That wind is the opposition. I now must endure every possible gust in order to stay on track. I will not give up. God I am on Your side, I will do this for You, because my life is Yours.


Our greatest fear should be succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.
Having faith often means dong what others see as crazy. Something is wrong when our lives makes sense to unbelievers.
We have to do things that cost us during our life on earth but will be more than worth it in Eternity.
But God doesn't call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn't come through.

I hear the opposition, but God's voice rings through louder. I take those quotes above from Francis Chan's book Crazy Love, and cling to the desire to see God come through. If I live my life comfortable I will never see God. It is when I surrender completely at my lowest of lows, when I finally give up trying that I see God coming through. Why do I have to wait for every deep dark depressive valley to see God? I don't... but I must step out in faith. I'm surrounded by people who just don't understand me. I'm crazy, I say it all the time, but I don't want to just say I love Jesus everyday, I want to show it. I don't want to have to tell someone that I act the way I do because of Jesus, I act the way I do because Jesus is in me, He's not just God, He's my Savior, my redeemer, and my best friend. When he calls me to do something how can I tell my best friend who knows me perfectly down to the last detail as well as my entire life better than I know my own, "I don't think that is a good idea, it's quite risky, I mean come on God, I could die!" Uh no! I will die in a second if that's what it takes to show the power of Jesus inside me. Would you?

Jesus,

I don't want to be comfortable. I want to live a life that is so completely in love and passionate for You that it just doesn't make sense. Jesus stay near, allow me to continue to see Your plan come alive. It is such a thrill to see you piece together the different possibilities and I sit back in awe of who You are. Father I desire to see you come through, I don't want to go to somewhere that's comfortable. Home is comfortable. Why go somewhere and have the same comforts as I do here? I want to see you prove faithful each and every day with absolutely no ability on my own to do it. May all the glory and honor go to You always and forever. Father take this prayer, mold my heart and mind to Your will so that we can, hand and hand, fight the opposition and win this battle. For the ultimate prize is ahead, the gold streets of heaven and may my life on Earth prove faithful knowing that my ultimate reward is in You.
I love you Jesus, it is an honor to serve You every moment of my life.

It is in Your name I pray,
Amen

I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death. Philippeans 3:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...