Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 1- Break my Plans

Break my plans by This Hope
"Then he gave it all to Jesus as he began to pray, Break my Plans, shape my heart, take my will to where you are, move my mind through your Word, till all that I am, lives to love you Lord."

"I know I'm called to suffer and to take up my cross but sometimes I grow so fearful when I count the cost, still my heart wants to follow and walk in your ways, to be counted with the faithful, Lord guide me today."

"Break my plans, shape my heart, take my will to where you are. Move my mind through your Word, til all that I am, lives to love you Lord."

Dear Heavenly Father,

As I begin this blog today it only makes since to begin with the lyrics written above. As this song was sung by This Hope this morning at church, I became overwhelmed with the calling you have laid upon my heart to return to Romania. This song, Break my Plans was written by Nicolae Modoveanu while he was in prison in Romania for writting and singing Christian songs. As I heard the song this morning, not only was I moved that part of my heart was being shared to the Shadow Mountain Community, but the words to the song hit home. I have been so focused on my plans lately that You have been put aside. I have struggled to do it myself and realize over and over that I cannot. Father this is my prayer, for you to break my plans of  getting a preschool teaching job, being comfortable with my things and waiting for you to bring me a husband.

Through prayer today at Coronado, you revealed to me that you may have different plans than what I always dream for. As I begin this writing, I dedicate this next week of prayer to hearing your plan for my life. I must ask the tough questions... Do you want me to return to Romania? If so, when? This year, next year? This writing is to share this experience with others Father that they may see You alive and at work in the lives of those who will fully put their faith and trust in You. You are my best friend, my help in time of need. As I lay this heavy burden at the foot of the cross, I pray for your guidance, your unfailing love, and endless presence.

I pray all these things in your precious name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...