Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Vision

"Vision is a clear mental image of a probable future imparted by God to His servants and is based upon accurate understanding of God, self, and circumstances."

Five Steps to a Vision
1. Dissatisfaction
2. Desire
3. Determination
4. Dependence
5. Detail

Question: Lord, What do you want me to do?

What Vision looks like
1. Vision must be deep enough to be rooted in history.
2. Vision must be defined enough to reproduce itself in a picture.
3. Vision must be durable enough to resist discouragement.
4. Vision must be demanding enough to require sacrifice.
5. Vision must be dynamic enough to recruit.
-Dr. David Jeremiah, Jan 30th, 2011

God,

I'm frustrated. I'm sad. I'm confused. I'm curious. I am so incredible torn by what you have for me. I have absolutely no idea what your telling me. Well I kinda do, you were pretty clear in your message today that with each passing word that was spoken at the pulpit I wanted to get up and leave. The ache, the pressure is enormous. The weight is unbearable. I know you want me to go and that breaks my heart. I want to go, I want to serve you, but I have children here. Tears overflow in my eyes as I think of my little three year olds running up to me this morning giving me the best welcome ever. How in the world am I suppose to leave that? Really God?

But then you've given me this vision, this very very clear picture of what I am to do. I have no idea the steps I'm suppose to take, where I'm going, or what I will do. But there is some comfort in knowing you do. I believe I am in the first step. I have received the vision and I am completely dissatisfied. Everything I could every want materially or physically is here, but when I see those things, you are no where to be seen. I must leave those things, seek you out, reach for the impossible to find You. In this time of prayer, Father I pray for your strength against the devil. Your power is higher, Your words are sweeter, and I must listen to your voice in this time.

Whatever you have for me, I want to do it. I know it's going to be scary, I know it's not going to be easy, but you promise you will be right there with me.

Blessed is the one who trusts you, like a tree that cannot be moved. You say jump to arms wide open, I am scared but I am willing. For blessed is the one, blessed is the one who trusts you, faithful trust in you. Champion of my heart, lead me to where you are.
I remember all your goodness. Suffering through the desert places. You never said it would be easy. You just promised you'd be with me.
I will trust you in the pain, when I can't see past today, when its hard to lift my hands to praise you, I will trust you. -Daniel Doss Band

Father that is my prayer, that  you are standing there asking me to jump to arms wide open and that I would take that leap of faith into your arms. You said it would not be easy but promise that you will be with me. You've given me a vision, a very clear one, to leave the comfort of here, the day to day life I lead, and you will not let me be comfortable in it. I know I am to go, where, I'm still not sure, but you do. I will follow you wherever you want me to go. Be with me Jesus in this time of struggle, as I seek out exactly what you want for me. Reveal your passion, plan and purpose for my life.

I ask these things in Your name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...