Monday, January 24, 2011

"What was intended to end his life, God used to save it"

I read tonight out of the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I have to say, this book gets your attention. The first chapter is titled, "stop praying", others include, "profile of the lukewarm" (this one was harsh), "serving leftovers to a Holy God" and the chapter I read tonight, "who really lives that way?". The chapter entailed about 6 stories of average people who took a step of faith and trusted God through some adventure, some goal, or their full lives. I''m going to summarize a story that literally gave me goosebumps.


Her name is Jamie Lang and she was 23 years old when she decided to take the $2,000 in her savings account and go to Tanzania (kinda my idea for going to Romania ;) ). She went and after 6 months of being there met an 8 year old girl who was carrying a baby on her back. She approached her and found out that her mother was dying of AIDS and too weak to care for the baby. Jamie then spent her money providing formula for the baby. Skip ahead a bit, the mother, just before she died came to Jamie after hearing what she had done and said "I have never known such a love. I want to be saved." everything in this story so far is great, but it gets better! International adoption was closed from the US, but (God's working) since she had been living there for 6 months she was able to establish residency. Five months later the visa went through with American and she was the proud mother of baby Junio. (As I read this next part, I got goosebumps!)

"Junio is now five years old, totally healthy, and HIV negative. When Junio's mom was pregnant with him, she took a "morning-after pill" late in her pregnancy in order to abort him. But instead it induced premature labor, and because Junio was so small, no bleeding occurred during his breath. Thus, he did contract HIV from his mother. What was intended to end his life, God used to save it." Chan, p. 153

What was intended to end his life, God used to save it. That's amazing! I wonder how many things happen in our day to day that could have ended our life, could have caused us enourmous pain, both emotional or physically, and instead God spared us. We never thank God for these instances because we don't know them. So I would like to take a few minutes and just praise the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who watches over each and every one of us, and thank Him for sparing us those instances.


Dear Jesus,


You are amazing. You are the God of wonders beyond our majesty, You are Holy, Holy. The universe declares your Majesty, You are Holy, Holy. Lord of heaven and earth... I sing praises unto the God Almighty, the one who knew me before I was born, yet knows my whole life in the now, can see it from afar, and yet is right here with me, acknowledging my weaknesses and necessity for You! Words are not enough for you Jesus to exclaim Your power and might! Father I delight in You! I delight in the day you return to Earth, to see your face, for I will bow my heart because I am free! I give you glory God because you are the Father of glory. We are delievered by blood, because you sacrificed your Son for us. Glory, honor and praise to You Father! I love you for You, the greatest of greatest. Be tho near to me as I seek to draw closer to You in everything I do and every breath You give.


For I praise you in the name of your Son Jesus,
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...