Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 6- Honesty

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. -Matthew 7:7-8


Honesty, truth, facts, integrity, trust. Honesty has a way about itself in this world where people try to say just enough where they are not telling a lie but they are not telling the truth either. However God calls us to be 100% honest.


Here are some interesting thoughts for you, stop and read them again, and again if you have to. Our world is quite messed up!
- We want our bosses to like us, so we flatter. We call it polishing the apple. God calls it a lie.
- We want people to admire us, so we exaggerate. We call it stretching the truth. God calls it a lie.
- We want people to respect us, so we live in house we can't afford and charge bills we can't pay. We call it the American way. God calls it a lie.                  -Lucado


But God calls us to be honest in our dealings, in our conversations, in our entire lives. Did I lie today? probably, on purpose no but a slight exaggeration didn't seem to hurt. I don't know about you but those statements really get to my heart.


So the question arised today in my thoughts, why am I not 100% honest with God. It's kinda funny, He knows everything, but its because if I admit something then there might be action on my part or feelings I'm masking. I decided to be very upfront with God tonight, why this decision I'm not sure but I'm glad I made it. God I want to go to Romania, I want to leave my life of contentment and stuff and go. However, putting that in words is scary, saying it outloud to God in the car was one thing, then I had the nerve to go type it! What in the world am I thinking? But God calls us to be honest and so there you go! No polishing, no stretching the truth, no American way, I want to live God's way, God's plan, God's purpose. So its out, at least here for now, I'm excited. I'm not scared. I know that if this is not what God wants He will make a  move that will stop the process in a second. If this is the right path to take, He will make that abundantly clear.


Oh Father!


You know the depths and desires of my heart where no one else can go, past what words could even describe. You also combine those desires with the perfect plan you have for my life and you get the most amazing combination ever. I am so excited to see what you do with this. For now I continue to surrender the control. I also surrender the thoughts, the planning that I am already doing, the sadness that brushes over me as I realize I may not see my adorable little one's I love oh so much, I may not work in the comfort of a church where we have freedom to worship You, I may not get the chance to just go see my family whenever I want or talk to my friends whenever I need them. I must surrender all that in order to fully put my trust, my faith, my life in your hands. Help me each day to surrender, to be fully honest with You knowing you already know everything and that you would stay near. That you would hold my heart, be by my side, and be the voice of truth that I take in each and every moment. Father I desire to follow you and I just ask you to prepare the way, work out all the details, and most importantly, use me to accomplish Your plan.


The verse of the day is at the top of this post, and Father what an amazing piece of Scripture you have before me this night. Father I ask that you enable me to be your servant, to help you accomplish what you have to do on this Earth before your return. I seek to find you in this journey, may everything I do, I turn and see your glory rising up, may you be alive in my everyday moments, and walk beside me in all I do. For Father I know that if I do those things, I will find you. If I ask and then seek, there you will be. That is my prayer tonight Jesus that you would be here. Oh how I love thee!


In your name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...