Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Faith is Living

Faith is Living by John Waller

I wish I could see just three steps in front of me, but the anthem to my feet only moves when I take a step, and believe your Word to me, won't you have a history, that proves that your worthy of my faith.

Its the evidence of things i cannot see, and faith, its the confidence that you are holding me, stepping out, breaking through all my doubts and all I thought i knew, cause you never lived until by faith, you've never lived until you lived by faith.

I want to be a man like Abraham, he went to the fallen land cause you said go and trusted you by faith, oh the tiny mustard seed, to mountains we can speak, believe in moving by faith.

You are who you say you are and you will do what you have promised to and I believe, that's faith.

What does it truely mean to live by faith? Those outside the faith think you are completely nuts or that it's just coincidence or karma that something happened. But those who understand and believe in the alive and active hand of God see that everything that happens, each thought, action and word comes from God. With a true dependency, strength-based, actively seeking relationship with God will you find that your life looks more and more like His. And that's with that connection with God will you truely see who He is, will you hear what He has to say and act according to His will. That's faith.

The first verse of that song declares the history that God has given us that proves His faithfulness. Let me take a few minutes and recap God's obvious workings in my life so that not only are you familiar but I am reminded. In Jan of 2007 I accepted Christ in the house of a dear friend of mine who spent many nights doing bible studies with me, taking me to church any chance we could and praying for me. In 2009, life seemed to be going great, I had a job, a boyfriend, and a great church to serve out but I was not seeking God in my day to day. In August He took away the boyfriend and job without much notice nor explanation. I was broken and didn't know what to do. So I chose to cling to the only thing that seemed to not move, the one thing that I couldn't lose and that was God. My bank account dwindled til near dollars was left and I wasn't sure how I was going to make it another month. However my closeness to God grew, in every moment God was with me because if He wasn't, I wouldn't have been able to survive. In December, after weeks of volunteering I was blessed with a job opporunity, just enough to sustain the finances while still clinging to God. Once I proved that my increase in finances would not hinder my relationship with my best friend, He blessed me with another job in Febuary to account for money that could not be used to restart my savings. God is so good! I am so blessed to have a job at a church, where I get to serve children and families all year long. It is a true privledge to serve His kingdom in this way.

That history proves His faithfulness to me in this time of dependency. I am in that time period of waiting. I have absolutely no idea what God has planned for me in the coming days, months or years. He has given me a small glimpse of the desire to serve Him on the missionary field and it is still up to Him to make that happen. However, with the use of history, I look back at the months of August, September and October of 2009 and never once recall knowing that God would give me a job at a church. That seemed so out of reach, not even on the radar that I couldn't even imagine at that time that I would. So as I use that as a foundation, I'm reminded once again of the spontanious time frame that God uses to implement His plan. I now must stop, and wait for Him to work. And while I wait, I will continue to serve and worship You for who you are!

Jesus,

Thank you for the reminded of the history that you have given me to prove your faithfulness in my life. I am encouraged by the reminder of who you are and how you work things out in such a perfect way. You know my future, you know the ups and downs I will face and I just pray you be with me. I pray I seek you with all that I am, giving myself over to you each and every day so that you are able to use me for your purposes . What a joy it is to serve you, to worship you, to know you.

Jesus I now must wait for you to move. I must be at peace, I must move ahead bold and confident, taking each and every step in confidence with the faith that you have instilled inside me. For your Holy Spirit who dwells inside my soul guides me life, calms me in stormy weather, and protects me from the enemy. May the Holy Spirit take residence also in my heart and mind so that purity runs thru my veins. May who you are shine from my earthly body so when people look at me they see you. For You are the one that shall receive the glory and honor in all things.

Jesus I love you. I love you dearly and thank you for this time of dependency, of having to rely completely on who you are and the promises that you have given me.

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

In Jesus name I pray these,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...