Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 3- It is the Lord!

Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" - John 20:28


How many of us are expecting Jesus Christ to quench our thrist when we should be satisfying Him! We should be pouring out our lives, investing our total beings, not drawing on Him to satisfy us. That means lives of pure uncompromising, and unrestrained devotion to the Lord Jesus, which will be satisfying to Him wherever He may send us. -Chambers

Father,

You must be either laughing up in heaven or shaking your head in disappointment. But seriously, I feel like once I made this decision to devote time to prayer, to ask You for direction, and to pour out to You for once, Satan has had his way keeping me super busy at work, long hours, forgetting plans, and pure exhaustion. (sidenote-As I came home from 10 1/2 hours of work today my roommate looked at me and said you look exhausted, I laughed and said yea and I'm going to disneyland tomorrow." I must be insane, but I truely feel as if I'm fighting the devil on this one and I desperately need your help.

Father I want to make note of the prayers this morning around the table as two of the people made reference to the preparation of the heart for missionary work across seas and also praying for those who may have heard the message and desire to serve in this way. Father I felt you as these words were said, goosebumps rose on my arms as I realized they were speaking to you about someone that was sitting at that very table. It was you Father! You were there, you showed up, and you spoke directly to my soul!  If you really are calling me to the missionary field Father I pray you continue to speak to me as you did today.

With the lack of time in prayer and quiet that I am not spending with you, I thank you for not giving up on me. At this point I'm attempting to communicate with you whether I am called to full time missionary work and full time pure service to You and Satan is going to do everything in his power to stop me. You are more powerful, more intelligent, more sensible than the devil himself and I am so thankful to be on your side. At this time Jesus I pray you be by my side. Father may my presence back to you been seen as Jesus for He bore my sins across His body so that I may be counted as a child of God. May that reminder sink into my heart, and from this moment on may I live to satisfy you and not to beg you for water. May I get down on my knees and praise you for saving my soul, replacing the food and water with the Word so that I may be filled spiritual and be able to serve you better. May my devotion to you be so strong that the devil no longer can stand by but be denied entrance into our presence so that we may go and make disciples of all nations, whatever that looks like Father.

Jesus Christ, my saving grace, I lift all this up to you with full trust that you will hear and respond in what is best for the good of all.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...